Hurricane Dorian Update 9
September 3, 2019 (7:15 PM)
According to the National Hurricane Center, Dorian is pulling away from the Bahamas and moving to the northwest at 6 mph.
The storm has been downgraded to a Category 2, with maximum sustained winds of 110 mph, and is currently located 105 miles east of Vero Beach, FL. Dorian is expected to speed up as it moves northwest this evening.
UPDATE: The mandatory evacuation order for Zones “A” and “B” has been lifted.
Closed on Wednesday, September 4
Palm Beach County Schools
West Palm Beach City Hall
All Palm Beach County Offices
15th Judicial Circuit Court
Open/resuming on Wednesday, September 4
West Palm Beach Sanitation Services
City Commission President
West Palm Beach District 5 (Southend)
Mandatory Evacuation Order for Zones “A” and “B” Lifted
A reentry order lifting the mandatory evacuation orders for Zones A and B is effective at 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 3, 2019. Residents may begin exiting shelters.
Shelters will remain open overnight and close at 9:00 am Wednesday morning.
The general population shelters are:
- Forest Hill H.S., 6901 Parker Avenue, West Palm Beach
- Dr. Mary McLeod Bethune Elem. School, 1501 Avenue U, Riviera Beach
- Independence Middle School, 4001 Greenway Dr., Jupiter
- Lakeshore Middle School, 425 Canal St. N., Belle Glade
- Pahokee Middle School, 850 Larrimore Rd., Pahokee
- Palm Beach Gardens H.S., 4245 Holly Dr., Palm Beach Gardens
- Palm Beach Center H.S, 8499 Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington
- Park Vista H.S., 7900 Jog Rd., Lake Worth
- Atlantic Community H.S., 2455 W. Atlantic Ave., Delray Beach
Palm Beach County also operates a special needs shelter at the South Florida Fairgrounds and a pet-friendly shelter at West Boynton Recreation Center.
For more information, please visit: http://discover.pbcgov.org/publicsafety/dem/Pages/Shelters.aspx.
Sanitation Services to Resume on Wednesday
City of West Palm Beach sanitation services (residential and commercial pickup only) will resume on Wednesday, September 4, 2019. Be sure to take your garbage to the curb on your REGULAR SCHEDULED PICKUP DAY. The Sanitation Division will follow the regular schedule. To contact the City of West Palm Beach Department of Public Works Sanitation Division, please call (561) 822-2075. To contact the Mayor’s Response Hotline, please call (561) 822-2222 or email email@example.com. For TTY, please call (800) 955-8771.
City Parking Garages Reopen After Hurricane
The City of West Palm Beach announces that all City garages are back OPEN! City garages were closed to access on September 1, 2019 due to Hurricane Dorian. Those individuals who parked their vehicles in the garage for protection from the storm will have 48-hours to remove their vehicles free of charge. After 48-hours, there will be an assessment of $10 per day for each day past the 48-hour free window. For City of West Palm Beach Parking Administration, please call: (561) 822-1500. For the Mayor’s Special Response Hotline, dial (561) 822-2222. For TTY, please call 800-955-8771.
City of West Palm Beach Closures
Closed on Wednesday, September 4:
- City Hall – Closed
- Mandel Public Library – Closed
- Vickers House of WPB – Closed
- WPB Parks & Rec. Facilities – Closed
Important Numbers and Contact Information for the City of West Palm Beach:
- City of West Palm Beach Department of Public Works – Sanitation Division – (561) 822-2075 [TTY: (800) 955-8771] or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Follow City Updates on Social Media
o Facebook: @cityofwpb
o Twitter: @westpalmbch
o To subscribe to the City’s newsletter, visit: https://wpb.org/insider
o Download these apps for more updates:
- PBC Dart App: https://member.everbridge.net/index/892807736726195#/signup
- CodeRed: https://www.onsolve.com/solutions/products/codered/mobile-alert-app/codered-mobile-apps-download/
In the event of an emergency, dial 911.
For non-emergency questions, call the City hotline at (561) 822-2222 or 211 to reach Palm Beach County’s HelpLine.
For information in Spanish/Espanol: http://bit.ly/2MJGOYa