Hurricane Dorian Update 3
August 30, 2019 (3:20 PM)
Hurricane Dorian has intensified to a Category 3 storm with sustained winds at 111 mph and reaching up to 115 mph.
Hurricane Dorian is located 625 miles east of West Palm Beach and is moving northwest at 10 mph.
Below is new additional hurricane preparedness information and phone numbers.
City Commission President
West Palm Beach District 5 (Southend)
Watch this video with West Palm Beach Assistant Fire Chief Brent Bloomfield to make sure you are prepared.
Hurricane Preparedness Tips
- Get your water supply now: Residents should have ample water supply—a gallon of water per person per day for a week.
- Gather important documents now, and secure them in a waterproof container. Back up your computers, get cash and turn your refrigerator and freezer to the coldest temperature now to prepare.
Important Numbers and Contact Information for the City of West Palm Beach
- City of West Palm Beach Department of Public Works Sanitation Division
(561) 822-2075 [TTY: (800) 955-8771] or email email@example.com
- Reporting a power outage or downed powerline: 1-800-4-OUTAGE (1-800-468-8243)
- For emergencies, please call 911
- To contact the Police Department for non-emergencies, please call 561.822.1900
- To contact the city for non-emergencies, please call 561.822.2222
Follow City Updates on Social Media
Download these apps for more updates:
For Spanish speaking residents, Commissioner Lambert has shared the following information: https://wpb.org/News-Video/Storm-Preparedness/Critical-Information-for-the-2018-Atlantic-Hurrica